USE OF BORROWER'S CARD:
- Patrons must present their Library card each time materials are borrowed.
- Denton County cards must be revalidated every year by verifying a physical address and reporting any changes in information. Non-resident cards must be revalidated one year from the date the previous card was issued and the annual fee paid.
- The adult whose signature appears on the Library card application is responsible for all materials checked out on that card number, as well as all fines and damages levied.
- It is the responsibility on the cardholder to notify the Library immediately if the card has been lost, stolen or any change in family members is to be added or deleted.
- New patrons will be limited to 4 printed items per checkout and 2 videos, 2 audios/CDs and 1 DVD per week for the first 30 days of card issuance. After that time, this restriction will be lifted unless the cardholder has returned items 7 days (or more) after the materials are due. If any item is over 7 days late, the limit will begin when the late materials are returned and fines/damages are paid in full.
- The cardholder must have a clear record and no outstanding charges to borrow materials.
- There is no limit on the amount of printed materials for checkout; however, if there is high demand due to school assignments or holidays, staff is authorized to apply limits to accommodate other borrowers.
- Print & audio materials are loaned for 2 weeks (14 days).
- Visual materials (DVDs & videos) are loaned for 1 week (7 days)
- There is a 4 video, 4 audio/CD and 2 DVD limit per week per cardholder.
- Materials must be brought into the Library to be renewed. Videos & DVDs may not be updated. No telephone updates on any material.
- Materials on a waiting list and/or new high-demand books will not be renewed.
- All materials may be returned at the checkout desk or put in the drive-up drop located at the rear of the Library. The drop is available 24 hours per day.
- The Library charges late fees for every calendar day that items are late even though the library may be closed. See current list for all library fees.
- It is the responsibility of the cardholder to return items on time. Staff may (but is not obligated to) make a courtesy call when items are late.
<<Back to Library Home<<